Our Museum is now open for visitors as of April 1st 2023
Please call 604-888-2273 to check on dates and if the event is happening this year.
(Here are some important dates to mark on your calendar for things to do with the whole family)!
- Feb 20th – BC Family Day – Our free, community Family Day activity is being Supported by the Province of British Columbia.
- Mar 26th – Potluck Dinner – volunteers kick off the regular season with a social time.
- Mar 25th – Museum Cleanup morning – you are invited along with our volunteers to bring a bucket and cloths or a shop vacuum and help clean up the winter’s dust in preparation for the museum opening.
- April 1st – Museum Opening Day –museum opens for the regular season – daily from 10 am to 4:00 pm
- May – Oct Langley Farmers Market
- May 22nd – Fort Langley May Day Parade
- May – ATA Antique Engine Show Chilliwack
- June 4th– Model A Sunday
- July 1st – Canada Day Celebration – Check out the poster below, then while you’re here, collecting your stamp, take time for a walk through BC’s largest display of pioneer artifacts. A scavenger hunt where you will learn some interesting tidbits around the museum is always fun – everyone wins a prize! We have lots of photo opportunities for you and your family to share. So make sure to make time for a visit.
- July 18th-19th – Aldergrove Fair Days. We are a major exhibitor.
- August 3rd – BC Day Celebration – Visit the BC Farm Museum for a fascinating learning experience. Among other activities enjoy the Model Railroad Club’s working display of scale model trains.
- September 3rd – Labour Day – regular day for the Museum.
- September 30th – close for the regular season – reservations for group tours during the off season can be made by calling the office and leaving a message any time.
- November – Members Fall Dinner
- Saturday, December 2nd – AGM at Milner Hall – We have the hall available (to be confirmed)
- June 2017 – Unveiling and Ribbon Cutting Ceremony – 2 pm at the museum front door. This special event included the unveiling of the MURALS and the ribbon cutting on the renovated Woodworking and Mechanical Workshops! Refreshments were served.
- April 13th – Fred Pepin and Jim Mair were invited by Greater Vancouver Parks to a return engagement speaking at Campbell Valley Park which was on April 13. The specific site was the Annand/Rowlatt Farmstead which included the nearby Lochiel Schoolhouse. Greater Vancouver Parks were hosting Parks from all over BC so this was an excellent exposure and promotion of both Langley Historical Society and BC Farm Museum.
- September 2019 – The Farm Museum dedication day, covering the Opening of the Harness Shop, Pump Organ dedication and Wall Clock unveiling. Refreshments were served. The video and other BC Farm Museum videos can be seen on You Tube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7XPajndGWJMgdBi4sa9N7g/videos
Each year we start with our opening on April 1st, followed by a large entry in the very popular May Day Parade in Fort Langley.