Here are some important dates to mark on your calendar for things to do with the whole family!
- Mar 23rd – Museum Cleanup morning – volunteers bring a bucket and cloths or a shop vacuum and help clean up the winter’s dust in preparation for the museum opening.
- Mar 24th – Potluck Dinner – volunteers kick off the regular season with a social time.
- April 1st – Museum Opening Day –museum opens for the regular season – daily from 10 am to 4:30 pm
- April 13th – Fred Pepin and Jim Mair are invited by Greater Vancouver Parks to speak at Annand / Rowlatt Farmstead including the nearby Lochiel Schoolhouse.
- May 19th-20th – ATA Antique Engine Show Chilliwack
- May 20th – Fort Langley May Day Parade
- June 2nd – Model A Sunday
- July 1st – Canada Day Celebration – Take a few minutes to walk through BC’s largest display of pioneer artifacts…also we’ll be handing out Canada Day bling and balloons, there is live entertainment in the museum, a scavenger hunt where you learn some interesting tidbits around the museum – everyone wins a prize! Lots of photo opportunities for you and your family to share. So make sure to stop by for a visit and pick up your COMPLIMENTARY Hay-ride passes in the museum for a tour around the neighbourhood.
- July 20th-22nd – Aldergrove Fair Days. We are a major exhibitor.
- August 5th – BC Day Celebration – OLD and NEW Day – Visit the BC Farm Museum where there will ‘OLD’ artifacts displayed beside ‘NEW’ (modern) versions of the same item on loan to us from local businesses. Fascinating learning experience. Among other activities enjoy the Model Railroad Club’s working display of scale model trains.
- September 3rd – Labour Day – regular day for the Museum.
- September 7th & 8th – Country Celebration at Campbell Valley Park.
- September 30th – close for the regular season – reservations for group tours during the off season can be made by calling the office and leaving a message any time.
- Saturday, December 1st – AGM – We have the hall available from noon to 4 pm
- Special Note – Fred Pepin and Jim Mair were invited by Greater Vancouver Parks to a return engagement speaking at Campbell Valley Park was on April 13. The specific site was the Annand/Rowlatt Farmstead which included the nearby Lochiel Schoolhouse. Greater Vancouver Parks are hosting Parks from all over BC so this was an excellent exposure and promotion of both Langley Historical Society and BC Farm Museum.————past events———————-
- June 2017 – Unveiling and Ribbon Cutting Ceremony – 2 pm at the museum front door. This special event included the unveiling of the MURALS and the ribbon cutting on the renovated Woodworking and Mechanical Workshops! Refreshments were served.
We kicked off the year once again with our opening on April 1st and then followed by a large entry in the very popular May Day Parade in Fort Langley.