At this time we will, hopefully, be reopening our Museum to visitors April 1st 2021
I’m afraid all listed events are still cancelled until further notice
(Here are some important dates to mark on your calendar for things to do with the whole family)!
- Mar 22nd – Potluck Dinner – volunteers kick off the regular season with a social time.
- Mar 28th – Museum Cleanup morning – you are invited along with our volunteers to bring a bucket and cloths or a shop vacuum and help clean up the winter’s dust in preparation for the museum opening.
- April 1st – Museum Opening Day –museum opens for the regular season – daily from 10 am to 4:30 pm
- May 4th – Oct 26th Langley Farmers Market
- May 18th – Fort Langley May Day Parade
- May 19th-20th – ATA Antique Engine Show Chilliwack
- June 2nd – Model A Sunday
- July 1st – Canada Day Celebration – Take a few minutes to walk through BC’s largest display of pioneer artifacts…also we’ll be handing out Canada Day bling and balloons, there is live entertainment in the museum, a scavenger hunt where you learn some interesting tidbits around the museum – everyone wins a prize! Lots of photo opportunities for you and your family to share. So make sure to stop by for a visit and pick up your COMPLIMENTARY Hay-ride passes in the museum for a tour around the neighbourhood.
- July 18th-19th – Aldergrove Fair Days. We are a major exhibitor.
- August 3rd – BC Day Celebration – OLD and NEW Day – Visit the BC Farm Museum where there will be ‘OLD’ artifacts displayed beside ‘NEW’ (modern) versions of the same item, on loan to us from local businesses. Fascinating learning experience. Among other activities enjoy the Model Railroad Club’s working display of scale model trains.
- September 3rd – Labour Day – regular day for the Museum.
- September 30th – close for the regular season – reservations for group tours during the off season can be made by calling the office and leaving a message any time.
- October 24th – Members Fall Dinner at Adrian’s at the Airport
- Saturday, December 5th – AGM at Milner Hall – We have the hall available from noon to 4 pm
- June 2017 – Unveiling and Ribbon Cutting Ceremony – 2 pm at the museum front door. This special event included the unveiling of the MURALS and the ribbon cutting on the renovated Woodworking and Mechanical Workshops! Refreshments were served.
- April 13th – Fred Pepin and Jim Mair were invited by Greater Vancouver Parks to a return engagement speaking at Campbell Valley Park which was on April 13. The specific site was the Annand/Rowlatt Farmstead which included the nearby Lochiel Schoolhouse. Greater Vancouver Parks were hosting Parks from all over BC so this was an excellent exposure and promotion of both Langley Historical Society and BC Farm Museum.
- September 2019 – The Farm Museum dedication day, covering the Opening of the Harness Shop, Pump Organ dedication and Wall Clock unveiling. Refreshments were served. The video can be seen at https://youtu.be/Nia5OceEeCo
We kicked off the year once again with our opening on April 1st and then followed by a large entry in the very popular May Day Parade in Fort Langley.