Here are some important dates to mark on your calendar for things to do with the whole family!
- Mar – Museum Cleanup morning – volunteers bring a bucket and cloths or a shop vacuum and help clean up the winter’s dust in preparation for the museum opening.
- Mar – Potluck Dinner – volunteers kick off the regular season with a social time.
- April 1st – Museum Opening Day – museum opens for the regular season – daily from 10 am to 4:30 pm
- May 19th-20th – ATA Antique Engine Show Chilliwack
- May 21st – Fort Langley May Day Parade
- June 2nd – Model A Sunday
- July 1st – Canada Day Celebration – celebrate Canada’s birthday at the Farm Museum and with our neighbouring community partners.
- July 20th-22nd – Aldergrove Fair Days. We are a major exhibitor.
- August 5th – BC Day Celebration – OLD and NEW Day – visit the Farm Museum where there will be “OLD” artifacts displayed beside “NEW” (modern) versions of the same item on loan to us from local businesses.
Fascinating learning experience. Among other activities enjoy the Model Railroad Club.
- September 3rd – Labour Day – regular day for the Museum.
- September – Country Celebration at Campbell Valley Park.
- September 30th – close for the regular season – reservations for group tours during the off season can be made by calling the office and leaving a message any time.
- Saturday, December 1st – AGM – We have the hall available from noon to 4 pm
- June 2017 – Unveiling and Ribbon Cutting Ceremony – 2 pm at the museum front door.
This special event included the unveiling of the MURALS and the ribbon cutting on the renovated Woodworking and Mechanical Workshops! Refreshments were served.
We kicked off the year once again with our opening on April 1st and then followed by a large entry in the very popular May Day Parade in Fort Langley.